Clover Hill traffic circle to cost up to $678, 000 | Transportation
The construction of a roundabout in Chesterfield County has been delayed by a month because cost estimates were not done correctly.
The county was supposed to hire a contractor to begin work this summer on a traffic circle near the new Clover Hill high school.
During rush hour, traffic slows at the intersection of Brandermill Parkway and Kelly Green Drive.
The county now must re-start the bidding process.
It will not accept a bid over $678,000, which is a 100 percent mark-up from the mis-calculated amount.
Upcoming Events near Midlothian
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Chesterfield family struggles after fire bomb thrown in home
- Midlothian man accused of raping woman he met online with sex toy
- State Police: Couple in I-95 incident injured by shotgun pellets
- Home for the Holidays - Operation Silent Night at Richmond Animal League
- Driver fighting for his life following crash in Chesterfield