Clover Hill traffic circle to cost up to $678, 000 | Transportation
The construction of a roundabout in Chesterfield County has been delayed by a month because cost estimates were not done correctly.
The county was supposed to hire a contractor to begin work this summer on a traffic circle near the new Clover Hill high school.
During rush hour, traffic slows at the intersection of Brandermill Parkway and Kelly Green Drive.
The county now must re-start the bidding process.
It will not accept a bid over $678,000, which is a 100 percent mark-up from the mis-calculated amount.
Top Midlothian Stories
Upcoming Events near Midlothian
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand jury finds officer justified in Chesterfield shooting death
- Vandals set fire to mailboxes at Bon Air apartment complex
- Police investigating an early morning shooting in South Richmond
- 12 INVESTIGATES: Sex offender coached Central Va. youth basketball
- Richmond Police searching for person of interest in sunglasses thefts