All lanes reopened on Rte. 288 south after spill | News
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT)- All travel lanes on Route 288 south have been reopened after a concrete truck spill.
The right and center lanes were closed on Route 288 south at Route 360/Hull Street Road due to a spill, leaving only one travel lane for most of the afternoon, according to VDOT. The ramp from Route 288 south to Route 360 east was also closed.
Cleanup was originally estimated to continue through rush hour and cause major delays, however VDOT announced the roadways were back open shortly before 4:00 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Top Midlothian Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand jury finds officer justified in Chesterfield shooting death
- Vandals set fire to mailboxes at Bon Air apartment complex
- Police investigating an early morning shooting in South Richmond
- 12 INVESTIGATES: Sex offender coached Central Va. youth basketball
- Richmond Police searching for person of interest in sunglasses thefts