Travelers Insurance to lay off 88 in Chesterfield | News
CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Hartford-based Travelers Insurance is informing 88 employees that they soon will be losing their jobs.
The company filed notice with the state that, beginning this month, it will transfer its Claim Services Customer Care Center and Keep and Close functions to other existing centers. The decision will affect employees who work at the company's Arboretum Place offices.
In the state filing, Senior Corporate Counsel Jan R. Anderson writes, "We believe these actions will allow Travelers to leverage scale, and reduce risk to our business resiliency as Richmond is exposed to both tropical and winter weather events."
The layoffs are expected to be complete by the first quarter of 2011.
Travelers will continue to employ more than 580 people in the Richmond area.
Copyright 2010 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Top Midlothian Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand jury finds officer justified in Chesterfield shooting death
- Vandals set fire to mailboxes at Bon Air apartment complex
- Police investigating an early morning shooting in South Richmond
- 12 INVESTIGATES: Sex offender coached Central Va. youth basketball
- Richmond Police searching for person of interest in sunglasses thefts