Hiking opportunities in Chesterfield | Arts & Culture
The Chesterfield County Department of Parks and Recreation is offering several chances to explore the wilds of Virginia.
On Saturday, Nov. 12, hikers will have the opportunity to see shoreline, bottomlands, streambeds and hardwood and pine forests as they circumnavigate Holliday Lake at Holliday Lake State Park. The moderate 5.8-mile hike encompasses sections of Holliday Lake State Park and the Appomattox-Buckingham State Forests. Hikers will depart from Rockwood Nature Center, 3401 Courthouse Road, at 8 a.m., and will return at 5:30 p.m. The hike is $30 per person.
On Thursday, Nov. 18, or Saturday, Dec. 10, hikers will explore the Brown and Williamson Conservation Area. The 4-mile hike will travel nearly the entire boundary of the area, dropping down into Big Hollow and following the stream before ascending to the bluff to view the James River. Hikers will depart from the Henricus Historical Park Visitor Center, 251 Henricus Park Road, at 10 a.m., and will return at 3:30 p.m. The hike is $18 per person.
For more information, or to register, call 804-748-1623.
Upcoming Events near Midlothian
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Chesterfield mother charged with DWI, child neglect
- Chesterfield mom asks for road improvements on anniversary of son's death
- UPDATE: Pharmaceutical company on Midlothian Turnpike raided by Federal agents
- Chase ends with truck slamming into Chesterfield police cruiser
- Colonial Heights woman in court for ex-husband's beating death