Family Festival at Innsbrook benefits childhood cancer | Community Spirit
WEST END (WWBT) - Connor’s Heroes Foundation is bringing the 1st Annual Family Festival to the SnagAJob.com Pavilion in Innsbrook on Sunday, September 26, 2010 from 1:00-6:00 pm.
September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness month. You can Be a Hero to children in Central Virginia and attend the 1st Annual Connor’s Heroes Family Festival. The event is packed with family-friendly live music for all ages including local children’s favorites: Silly Bus and their hit song, “Heroes & Angels” and the Diggity Dudes. Tin Foil Militia, Venture Rays and Jangling Reinharts will play parents’ favorites from yesterday and today.
This event will be packed with activities that include:
· Kids Jump Zone (moon bounces, obstacle courses and slides)
· Music Town with crafts, face painting, and instrument making
· Nutzy from Richmond’s Flying Squirrels with wacky games
· Free Chair Massages for Parents
· Food and beverage vendors (adult & kid friendly)
· A Heroes Parade with Richmond’s own childhood cancer Heroes
· A Community Heroes Corner and much more!
Tickets are $10, Kids 12 & under are free. Tickets can be purchased at any Romp n’ Roll location (West End, Mechanicsville, Midlothian) or at www.ticketstobuy.com.
All proceeds will benefit Connor’s Heroes’ programs for children with cancer and their families. For additional information about Connor’s Heroes please visit our website: www.connorsheroes.org.